We have represented numerous institutional investors including private equity firms, hedge funds and other financial institutions in structuring telecommunications investments and finance transactions. We also represent strategic investors in spectrum acquisition, secured financing for telecommunications assets, securitization of pole attachment rights, structuring bankruptcy remoted entities, and distressed telecom asset purchase. Our experience also includes securing deal protections, due diligence, security interests and regulatory approvals for telecom finance, mergers and acquisitions and vendor financing. Illustrative transactions include:
- Negotiation of telecommunications equipment purchase/lease agreements, vendor financing and subordination agreements.
- Securing state regulatory approvals and related opinion practice for mergers, acquisitions and financing transactions involving regulated entities.
- Negotiating credit agreements and related loan documents for financing of entrants in both wireless and wireline telecommunications markets.
- Securing FCC and State regulatory approvals for financing, security interests and control transfers of regulated carriers.
- Curing regulatory compliance defaults (e.g., USF deficiencies), workouts and other remedies as condition for regulatory transaction approval, mergers and acquisition approval, deal protection, special purpose entity formation for investment in wireless spectrum.
- Vendor financing and inter-creditor (subordination) agreements.
- Distressed asset and claim purchases.
- Bond covenant analysis / sale-leaseback.
- Drafting and reviewing disclosures for securities issuance.