Alan Pearce, Ph.D
Dr. Pearce is an Advisor to our government affairs affiliate, Sapronov Government Affairs, Inc. Dr. Pearce has been a driving force in the telecommunications industry for over forty years, both in the public and private sector. Dr. Pearce was the Chief Economist for several federal offices, including the FCC (1971-75), the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Telecommunications (1975-77), and the Office of Telecommunications Policy in the Executive Office of the President (1977-79). In 1980, Dr. Pearce founded Information Age Economics, a Washington, D.C. based research and consulting firm focusing on shaping domestic and global policies in every sector of the Telecommunications-Information-Entertainment Industry.
- The London School of Economics & Political Science, University of London (Bachelor and Masters degrees)
- Indiana University (Ph.D in Business and Telecommunications)
Publications, Memberships & Honors:
- Dr. Pearce has authored more than 1,000 publications dating back to the 1960s and is regarded as a profound, prolific and persuasive researcher and writer. Before coming to the U.S., he authored a textbook, Great Ideas in Economics, published by Robert Maxwell/Pergamon Press, London.
- Dr. Pearce has worked as a part-time faculty member at several U.S. universities, including Georgetown, George Washington, Maryland, USC in Los Angeles, Indiana, and New York Law School.
- Dr. Pearce is a Member of the American Economic Association and won Britain’s Royal Society of Arts Medal for Economic/Business History.
- While attending graduate classes at the London School of Economics, Dr. Pearce also worked as a journalist for Independent Television News and was elected Chairman of the London Radio & Television Branch of Britain’s National Union of Journalists.
- Senator Larry Pressler, R-S.D., the former Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee and prime author of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, has described Dr. Pearce as “one of the true visionaries in the telecommunications-information industry.”
- Ralph de la Vega, President & CEO of AT&T Mobility & Consumer Markets, has described Dr. Pearce as “a great economist and visionary.”