Dr. Roetter is an Advisor to our government affairs affiliate, Sapronov Government Affairs, Inc. He is a former Vice President at Arthur D. Little Inc., who has over 30 years of global consulting experience at a number of U.S. – and Europe-based firms, as well as his own sole proprietorship, dealing with and contributing to the assessment and formulation of business and competitive strategies , R&D priorities, and regulatory and public policy. His clients have ranged extensively across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East and Africa. He has worked extensively on the economics, markets, and business plans of wireless communications operators, including techno-economic comparisons of new broadband wireless technologies, as well as, in the broader arena of ICT, next generation Web services and the implications of all-IP networks for fixed/mobile competition and convergence and related regulatory issues.
Dr. Roetter was a non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Allen Telecom (leading global supplier of wireless subsystems) from 1998 until its acquisition by Andrew Corp. in 2003. In addition to his studies at Oxford University he did post-doctoral research at the University of Frankfurt, Germany and took business courses at the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institue of Technology in Cambridge, Mass . A dual citizen of the U.S. and the U.K.,, he speaks English, French and German.
- Oxford University, England (B.A. Physics – 1st Class Honors)
- Oxford University, England (D.Phil, Theoretical Nuclear Physics)
Publications, Memberships & Honors:
- Spectrum for Mobile Broadband in the Americas: Policy Issues for Growth and Competition, a report produced on behalf of the GSM Association
- Development of recommendations for public policy and regulation in the ICT Sector, on behalf of the Department of Communications, South Africa
- Opposition to AT&T’s proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, in collaboration with Public Knowledge
- Development of a Spectrum Management Policy and Plan for a Caribbean island, on behalf of the local regulator
- Due diligence of a cable TV MSO in Korea, on behalf of a U.S.-based investment bank
- Development of a Strategy for the Telecommunications Sector in the Republic of Montenegro, on behalf of the Ministry of Economy
- Dr. Roetter is a member of the IEEE and the IEEE Communications Society. He has published and been frequently quoted in the business, financial, and trade press on issues affecting the communications and information industries, and has co-authored several books on the uses of information technology.