Gleb Glinka, Of Counsel to Sapronov & Associates, P.C., is managing partner of Glinka, Rubinstein & Partners, an international law firm with offices in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Simferopol, and Vermont. Mr. Glinka is a member of the Vermont and federal bars and a qualified attorney (advocate) in the Russian Federation. Born in Brussels, Belgium, raised in the United States, Gleb is fluent in both English and Russian. He graduated from Reed College (B.A.), Yale University (M.A.), and Temple School of Law (J.D.). In addition to his legal practice concentrating on international law, commercial law, bankruptcy, criminal law, and appellate litigation in both Russia and the United States, Mr. Glinka teaches at the Law School of Moscow State University as an Adjunct Professor and also serves as an Advisor to the President of the Russian Chamber of Advocates. Until 2011, Gleb Glinka was the Director of the American Bar Association office in Moscow, Russia. He has written and published in English and Russian on comparative law, commercial law, bankruptcy, criminal law, and legal ethics. Among his awards is the Vermont Annual Pro Bono Award (2007), the Medal First Degree of the Federal Chamber of Advocates for “Achievements in defending the rights and freedoms of citizens” (2009), and an AV (highest) peer review rating in Martindale-Hubbell (1991-2017).
Here are the facts about Gleb’s lifelong work in bankruptcy:
- Licensed to practice in Vermont in 1981.
- 1982-83 admitted in the Federal District Court and 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals.
- From 1985-87: Chief Law Clerk for newly appointed Bankruptcy Judge Francis G. Conrad, the sole Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Vermont.
- Since 1987 Gleb has practiced as a bankruptcy attorney in a small boutique law firm, Glinka & Schwidde, serving clients throughout New England.
- Earned an AV rating from Martindate-Hubbell for virtually every year of practice since 1991.
- From 1988-2013 has served as a Bankruptcy Trustee on the Standing Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for this District, handling countless cases.
- 1998-2008: Taught the Fundamentals of Bankruptcy course as Adjunct Professor at Vermont Law School.
- In 2011 was admitted to the bar as a Russian advocate and is the Managing Partner of Glinka, Rubinstein & Partners, an international law firm with offices in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Simferopol’, and Vermont (having merged with Glinka & Schwidde).
- Has been teaching a comparative bankruptcy law course as Adjunct Professor in the Master’s Degree Program at the Law School of Moscow State University since 2015.
- In January 2020, joined the law firm of Sapronov & Associates (Atlanta, Washington, and Moscow, Russia) as Of Counsel, managing the Moscow office.
- Over the years published articles in English and in Russian on bankruptcy.