Sapronov & Associates, P.C. has represented clients in telecommunications transactions and regulation for over 35 years. We are a virtual, boutique Firm, focused on the broadband and wireless industry, comprised exclusively of highly experienced counsel, many of whom have worked at prestigious U.S. and international law firms or as assistant general counsel for Fortune 500 companies.
Our experience originated during the early days of the AT&T consent decree (1983). Since then, we have represented clients in matters such as:
- Federal, state, and local regulatory matters (both before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), state agencies and local franchise authorities).
- Negotiation of hundreds of telecommunications sourcing (procurement), interconnection and wireless infrastructure agreements, some with a deal value of over half a billion dollars. Among these are regional and nationwide build-outs of wireless 3-G, LTE, as well as stadium wireless DAS and 5-G infrastructure agreements.
- Financing, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, vendor finance, and secured lending transactions involving wireless spectrum, satellite, fiber and other telecom network assets. Among these include the acquisition of WorldCom’s nationwide. building access and related assets in the WorldCom bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of domestic and foreign investors in U.S. telecommunications assets; securing FCC and state regulatory approvals, crafting security interests and other investment protection.
- Consolidation and renegotiation of portfolio-wide telecommunications contracts for one of the largest private equity firms based in the Middle East.
- Negotiation of global telecom sourcing agreements on behalf of various Fortune 500 companies and banks with major carriers in the U.S., the U.K., and the E.U.
- Negotiation of fiber infrastructure agreements with major U.S. carriers on behalf the world’s largest stock exchange.
- Negotiation of data center agreements in the U.S., London, and Amsterdam on behalf of one of the world’s largest travel companies.
- Negotiation of nationwide Wi-Fi building access agreements on behalf of the largest corporate housing provider in the U.S.
- Negotiation of major telecommunications and wireless sourcing agreements for one of the largest domestic airlines.
- Negotiation of numerous interconnection, colocation, and indefeasible rights of use (IRU) agreements for numerous CLECs, mobile service providers, and cable companies.
Today, our practice continues to include a wide array of domestic and international communication and information technology transactions, federal, state and local broadband regulation, and privacy and data security. As an example, we serve as lead counsel in wireless infrastructure negotiations for the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Other representative clients (among many others) have included Arcapita, Barclays Capital, the Coca Cola Company, Coca Cola Enterprises, Conseco, Cricket Communications, Cypress Communications, Delta Airlines, NYSE Euronext, Oakwood Worldwide, Priceline.com, SunTrust Bank, SouthernLINC Wireless, and T-Mobile USA.
We have also received numerous awards and recognition, including Corporate International Magazine’s Global Award for “Communications Law Firm of the Year in Georgia.” Since 1996, our Firm has been named in “Who’s Who Legal – Telecommunications, Media and Technology.”
Finally, our Firm includes attorneys with native Russian fluency. Effective January, 2020, we have opened an office in Moscow, Russia, through which we assist clients in cross-border transactions.