Joseph Srouji, Of counsel to the Firm (licensed to practice in Paris, France only), is former Senior Counsel for Data Protection & Regulatory Affairs at GE Capital where he worked for over 11 years as a specialist in data protection, financial and banking regulation and compliance. As Data Protection Officer to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), he managed the data protection program for both the GE Corporate group and Capital businesses in Europe.
Prior to his work with GE, Mr. Srouji worked for 9 years in international consulting projects (Washington, DC, New York, London, Paris, Brussels) advising on strategy and information technology in the telecommunications, energy, banking and financial services industries.
In addition, he is an assistant professor at the Université Paris 2 Panthéon – Assas (Panthéon Pantheon University) where he teaches Common Law, International Law and Technology Law to graduate law students. He is a qualified French lawyer and certified CIPP-E.
Mr. Srouji is a dual US-French national and speaks French fluently in addition to his native language of English.
· Université Paris 2 Panthéon – Assas (Master 1 Business Law)
· Université Paris 2 Panthéon – Assas (Master 2 Intellectual Property Law)
· The George Washington University (MBA, Finance)
· L’Institut d’Etudes Politiques – Strasbourg (Certificate of EU Law)
· University of Dayton (B.A. Political Science)
PUBLICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS:
· Convergence en droit des brevets: droit européen et américain: une analyse comparative entre les systèmes juridiques en droit des brevets (2014)
· Certified International Privacy Professional – Europe
· Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar – L’Institut d’Etudes Politiques – Strasbourg
· Mr. Srouji is a member of Association of Corporate Counsel and the International Associate of Privacy Professionals. He speaks frequently at European conferences as a specialist on data protection.